Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA)
||Location : Clermont-Ferrand / France
|Leader : Catherine FEUILLET|
|Website : www.inra.fr
Three INRA groups with complementary competences are involved in the project. 1a. INRA Clermont-Ferrand has recognized expertise in wheat genetic and physical mapping, map-based cloning as well as in structural, functional and evolutionary studies in the Triticeae. It has developed the first project on establishing the physical map of a single wheat chromosome (3B). 1b. The CNRGV in Toulouse is the INRA national genomic platform for plant genomic resources. It provides high throughput technology and services for genomic libraries handling, management and storage. 1c. The URGI in Versailles is the INRA bioinformatics laboratory for plant genomics and develops computing environment for local and shared data integration through Web Services.
INRA coordinates the TriticeaeGenome project. It is involved in WP1 (WP leader) for producing genomic resources, in WP2 for anchoring the wheat physical maps of 3B and 1BL and developing populations for anchoring all wheat chromosomes, in WP3 for map based cloning of a QTL for grain quality on 1BL, in WP5 bioinformatics tool development; in WP6 for training in physical mapping and in WP7 for coordination of the entire project.
Staff members’ profile:
Dr. Catherine Feuillet (email@example.com) is Research Director and leads the INRA Clermont-Ferrand group. She was educated as a geneticist and molecular biologist and has worked for 10 years in Switzerland (University of Zurich) as a junior group leader. She is one of the co-chair of the International wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium (IWGSC), the International Triticeae Mapping Initiative (ITMI), and the European Triticeae Genomics Initiative (ETGI). She is in the advisory boards of Genoplante (Cereals) and of the Genoscope.
Dr. Hélène Berges (Helene.Berges@toulouse.inra.fr) is the Managing Director of the CNRGV. She has received a Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology from the University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse (France). She did a postdoctoral research in the INRA Plant Microbe Interaction Laboratory where she studied the molecular mechanism of the symbiotic interactions between S. meliltoti and M. truncatula.
Hadi Quesneville (firstname.lastname@example.org) is supervising the technical staff at URGI.
Show all the institutions
This project is supported by the European Commission
- E. Paux, P. Sourdille, J. Salse, C. Saintenac, F. Choulet, P. Leroy, A. Korol, M. Michalak, S. Kianian, W. Spielmeyer, E. Lagudah, D. Somers, A. Kilian, M. Alaux, S. Vautrin, H. Bergès, K. Eversole, R. Appels, J. Safar, H. Simkova, J. Dolezel, M. Bernard and C. Feuillet, 2008, A physical map of the 1Gb bread wheat chromosome 3B, SCIENCE
- Paux E, Legeai F, Guilhot N, Adam-Blondon AF, Alaux M, Salse J, Sourdille P, Leroy P, Feuillet C (2008) Physical mapping in large genomes: accelerating anchoring of BAC contigs to genetic maps through in silico analysis. Funct Integr Genomics, 8, 29-32.
- J. Salse and C. Feuillet, 2008, Comparative Genomics of Cereals in “Genomics-Assisted Crop Improvement”, R. Varshney and R. Tuberosa Eds, Springer Verlag, pp 177-206.
- Dolezel J., Kubaláková M., Paux E., Bartoš J. and Feuillet C. 2007. Chromosome-based genomics in the cereals. Chromosome Research, 15:51-66.
- Paux E, Roger D, Badaeva E, Gay G, Bernard M, Sourdille P and Feuillet C, 2006. Characterizing the composition and evolution of homoeologous genomes in hexaploid wheat through BAC-end sequencing on chromosome 3B. Plant Journal 48 : 463-474.
- Scherrer B, Isidore E, Klein P, Kim JS, Bellec A, Chalhoub B, Keller B and Feuillet C. 2005 Large intra-specific haplotype variability at the Rph7 locus results from rapid and recent divergence in the barley genome. Plant Cell, 17:361-374
- Isidore E, Scherrer B, Chalhoub B, Feuillet C, and Keller B. 2005. Ancient haplotypes resulting from extensive molecular rearrangements in the wheat A genome have been maintained in species of three different ploidy levels. Genome Res. 15 : 526-536
- Šafář, J., Bartoš, J., Janda, J., Bellec, A., Kubaláková, M., Valárik, M., Pateyron, S., Weiserová, J., Tušková, R., Číhalíková, J., Vrána, J., Šimková, H., Faivre-Rampant, P., Sourdille, P., Caboche, M., Bernard, M., Dolezel, J., Chalhoub, B. 2004. Dissecting large and complex genomes: flow sorting and BAC cloning of individual chromosomes from bread wheat. Plant J. 39: 960-968.
- Sourdille P, Singh S, Cadalen T, Brown-Guedira GL, Gay G, Qi L, Gill BS, Dufour P, Murigneux A, Bernard M. 2004.Microsatellite-based deletion mapping system for the establishment of genetic map – physical map relationships in wheat. Funct Integr Genomics 4: 12-25.
- Feuillet C, Travella S, Stein N, Albar L, Nublat A and Keller B 2003 Map based isolation of the leaf rust resistance gene Lr10 from the hexaploid wheat genome. PNAS, 100: 15253-15258.
under the 7th Framework Programme
for Research and Technological Development